Sr. Data Engineer
New York, NY
The Marketing Data Engineering team at Disney Streaming Services is responsible for creating and deploying the data pipelines and data platform integrations to enable the Disney+ and ESPN+ marketing & analytics teams. We build the data solutions to optimize the marketing spend and efficacy of creative content for both paid media and lifecycle engagement messaging.
• Build and deploy streaming and batch data pipelines in support of the Disney+ marketing ecosystem to enable data activation and segmentation capabilities across paid media and lifecycle engagement marketing.
• Integrate with a variety of data providers ranging from upstream data services to 3rd party data solutions.
• Collaborate with product, marketing, and analytics teams to build data-forward solutions to subscriber growth and retention
• Build integrations with paid media platforms to optimize marketing spend through data and analytics
• Develop unit/integration tests and data validations to ensure the quality of code and data
• Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation
• Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
• Coach data engineers best practices and technical concepts of building large scale data platforms
• 3-5 years of experience developing in object oriented Python
• Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies such as Databricks, EMR, S3, Spark
• Experience deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, Kinesis, and Athena
• Familiar with metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
• Experience loading and querying cloud-hosted databases such as Snowflake/Redshift
• Building data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, or Flink
• Experience integrating with marketing technology stacks including real-time messaging and attribution data pipelines
• Experience with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift
• Experience deploying data notebook and analytic environments such as Jupyter and
• Experience with graph-based data workflows using Apache Airflow
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site