Data Quality Control Manager
Warner Music Group
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Director, Data Management
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Global Data Operations team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
Global Data Operations is in the unique position of championing the knowledge and usage of data across the WMG labels to facilitate a data rich environment where our teams can make smart data driven decisions.
Why this could be your next big break:
This mid-level position reports directly to the VP of Data Management and is a crucial role in the identification, acquisition, education, presentation, and of insuring proper usage of business intelligence data across multiple systems in use by internal employees and external label partners. It is our role to help demystify big data for our business users giving them the proper insights to better understand, interact with, and make decisions based on big data. You will learn the ins and outs of the digital landscape and be positioned to be a subject mater expert to help our labels best work with data.
Here you'll get to:
• Partner with labels, territories and corporate (Recorded Music/Publishing) to identify and consume new and trending data metrics.
• Research and document the data sets available as well as identify existing or needed methods of data acquisition (API/Feed)
• Liaison with Business Development to help clear legal channels for data acquisition.
• Examine and review the current use of our data set across multiple systems
• Partner with our QC team to ensure data is accurate and consistent across all systems
• Continually suggests new and alterative presentation options across all systems to ensure the business can maximize its value, understanding, and usage of the data.
• Liaison with our technology team to ensure any needed rules around data preparation are being followed to ensure proper usage in downstream systems.
• When needed assist cross functional teams assuring optimal releases, documentation, user feedback and KPI measurement.
• Collaborate and maintain documentation, staff trainings, and other content for internal and external teams and clients to ensure data understanding and best practices around usage.
• Collaborate with the organization on vision, strategy, decisioning, tactical execution, and measurement systems.
Rockstar candidates will bring:
• 3-5 years of experience in data management, project management
• You have BA/BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• You have the drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing tasks.
• Flexibility: Ability to change direction based on team and stakeholder feedback.
• Ability to work alone or with others while always being open to collaboration.
• You should have some level of understanding of analytics, creating insight reports, and working with data.
• Ability to produce technical and non-technical documentation.
• Not Afraid to jump in a get the work done.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
• Previous experience managing teams
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Familiarity with Snowflake
• Familiarity with AI or Machine Learning
• Knowledge of the music industry or digital music landscape a plus
• Passion for music
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site