San Francisco, CA US
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Show Production Managers “PM’s” work in tandem with a VFX Producer on a project. The PM functions as the Producer’s “right hand”, stepping up to support Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with the VFX Producer (and/or Executive in Charge of Production) on all aspects of the show. The PM reports to the VFX Show Producer on a daily basis for show specific tasks. The PM reports to the Senior Talent Manager for larger career development, compensation, etc.
• Under direction of VFX Producer, work closely with CG Talent managers on day-to-day crew needs as required.
• In tandem with Producer and Supervisors, create overall show asset and shot schedule across all disciplines and capitalizing on external vendors, using ILM’s best practices for scheduling. Oversee implementation of schedule by guiding and directing coordinators, Supervisors and leads as needed.
• Acts as liaison between client-side Production team and ILM Production team.
• In conjunction with Producer, manage the production crew on a daily basis including directing Associate Production Managers, Coordinators and Production Assistants to ensure all show needs are met.
• Partner with Producer in overseeing roles/responsibilities for APMs, Productions Coordinators and Production Assistants.
• With input from Supervisors and VFX Producer, proactively identify and plan for work to be outsourced. Help identify vendors appropriate for body of work. Prepare vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed.
• Proactively problem-solve and raise concerns in all aspects of vendor relations.
• Provide support as liaison with vendors for technical and creative issues that arise to ensure work stays on schedule and optimal workflow is adhered to.
• In partnership with VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor, facilitate overall setup of Project (“Show”) pipeline and toolsets.
• Evaluate and learn individual artist strengths; help develop cross-utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow.
• Manage communication between other ILM global sites.
• If no Associate Producer is crewed to the project, act as default leader when Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, and is responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the production crew.
• If no Associate Producer is crewed to the project, run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting may or may not be required, and would be left to the discretion of the Producer. In partnership with Producer, check EFC to make sure work is on budget.
• Manage client contact when Producer is absent or unavailable, if no Associate Producer is crewed to the project.
• Supervise, delegate to, and consult on creation of training plan for Production Coordinator(s) and Production Assistant(s).
• Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots as needed.
• Special projects as requested.
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Seven years minimum work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required. Familiarity with Google Suite.
• This position may require daily overtime and some Saturday work.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Strong scheduling experience required.
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site