Unscripted Programming Director
Burbank, CA US
VP, Business Affairs: Handles all business matters pertaining to the development and production of original programming for HBO Max and WarnerMedia's Entertainment linear networks, TNT, TBS, & truTV. This includes structuring, negotiating and documenting of all deals and providing advice and counsel to senior management on business matters (e.g. license fee deals, co-production deals, acquisitions of underlying rights, agreements with producers, directors, writers, actors and other individuals and entities associated with the development and production of original programming).
• Preparation of deal memos and other correspondence confirming agreements and review of long form agreements regarding same.
• Review and confirmation of production budgets to ensure compliance with general business policies and terms of particular agreements; evaluation of copyright and other intellectual property issues; title, E&O, and general troubleshooting on assigned projects.
• Minimum 10+ years in television business affairs.
• JD Required.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with guild rules.
• Experience with cable deals strongly preferred.
• Experience with streaming deals and digital teams preferred
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands