Beverly Hills, CA US
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Vice President of Production Finance in Physical Production for the Motion Picture Group.
• Assist in facilitating all financial and operational aspects of the MGM Feature Entertainment production finance function.
• Partner with other MGM Feature Entertainment finance teams.
• Partner with MGM Feature Entertainment Production and Creative operating teams supporting and at times driving key decision-making initiatives.
• Work with Legal and Business Affairs, HR, Production Operations, Labor Relations, and Financial Departments to effectively manage the financial operations, including cash flow projections and cost reporting for assigned productions.
• Supervise production accountants and production accounting assistants, coordinate show budgeting process with accountants, and production accounting process from prep until turnover to the production wrap accounting.
• Oversee the set-up of the show accounting systems and integration of the external production software packages.
• Direct production accounting in the implementation of uniform reporting requirements, standard accounting procedures, and oversee daily/weekly show cost reporting.
• Coordinate and implement tax, labor, and sourcing policies and objectives.
• Supervise production cash flow and support the weekly and quarterly corporate financial accounting and corporate cash management processes.
• Implement and ensure uniform budget policies.
• Act as the liaison between production executive, show accountants, show producer/UPM, and corporate finance.
• Ensure that all MGM Feature Entertainment policies and procedures are uniformly implemented and that payroll is in accordance with the standards established by MGM Feature Entertainment and in compliance with collective bargaining agreements and state and local regulations.
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum 5 years experience as First Assistant Production Accountant (or higher) or in relevant studio film accounting positions
• Cooperative, supportive, and positive team-oriented approach
• Proficiency in Movie Magic budgeting, PSL, Vista, and Ease
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, other database programs)
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines
• Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through skills are of the highest importance
• Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and expertly problem solve
• Self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site