Seattle, WA US
*The ideal candidate:*
• Television background which includes producing, shooting, editing, lighting, audio, writing and a background in graphic art…
• Management experience…
• Energetic attitude with the ability to motivate a crew…
• Extensive knowledge on current video production technology…
• College Education required
• Oversee the execution of station image and brand through demo targeted campaigns and vehicles.
• Develop creative clip driven promotional campaigns and spots based upon specific programming.
• Oversee the production and use of on-air promotional announcements designed to promote programming to include tagging, scripting, production, scheduling of spots and satellite feeds.
• Conduct meetings with potential partners to develop events that promote viewing in conjunction with quarterly media plans.
• Oversee all aspects of station event promotions to include writing copy, overseeing production, and scheduling spots.
• Establish an advertising plan within the annual budget including ensuring General Manager and Corporate approves all buys before execution.
• Request co-op from all syndicators including compiling request forms and faxing and/or mailing as needed until approval is obtained before the first spot runs.
• Establish an advertising plan for each quarter six weeks before the quarter begins when possible.
• Assist the General Manager and Agency overseeing the purchasing and placement of outside media including ensuring that is on schedule and within budget.
• Submit co-op reimbursement reports to syndicators and network and follow up to ensure the reimbursement is received in a timely manner.
• Produce and deliver all radio and cable spots for advertising flights during sweeps and all other periods.
• Create promotional ideas to generate revenue such as sales presentations for clients.
• Attend meetings with clients to discuss promotional opportunities.
• Implement sales promotions including writing copy, shooting, editing overseeing the production and scheduling of spots, designing, printing and distributing point of sale materials, overseeing prize fulfillment and coordination of prize giveaways (travel arrangements, tickets, toys, etc).
• Oversee the conceptualization of commercial spots to meet marketing objectives defined by advertisers.
• Oversee pre-production tasks including shooting, editing, writing scripts, and obtaining props if necessary.
• Ensure technical issues are resolved related to the planned production.
• Review and approve concept approval prior to production.
• Oversee and perform all aspects of production including setting up lighting and audio, ''set dressing'', directing and videotaping shots if necessary.
• Direct and review all tasks performed by the promotion and production departments.
• Fill all department openings in a timely fashion in consultation with General Manager including reviewing and approving new hire form.
• Ensure all department employees are trained thoroughly including cross-training in every position with-in the department.
• Consistently provide feedback to employees regarding performance.
• Ensure all material not suitable for air as directed by the FCC, Corporate office by close of business.
• Ensure the Chief Engineer, Master Control, General Manager, Custodian of Public File and other appropriate personnel are notified via email that material has been edited.
• Adhere to all other FCC regulations as outlined in manual.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site