International Finance Manager
New York, NY US
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.
This role will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team and will oversee the positions responsible for the accounting of Sales & Marketing and Shared Services departments; this position's oversight also includes accounting for the Company's real estate leases, fixed assets, debt and insurances. This role will provide operational and analytical support to ensure that all transactions are recorded and reported in compliance with US GAAP.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Director, Corporate Accounting:
• Oversee month-end financial close processes for all sales & marketing and general & administrative areas
• Ensure compliance with appropriate US GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
• Provide contract review support to the Sales teams during deal negotiations to ensure proper contract terms from the accounting perspective.
• Oversee monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Oversee the accounting of contractual items/payments related to affiliate distribution contracts, including launch payments, affiliate marketing incentives, etc. Coordinate with the Senior Director, Revenue & Accounts Receivable to ensure that all Affiliate Distribution non-revenue contractual items are properly accounted for.
• Present the period's financial activities, highlighting major variances against the Plan at the Controller's financial close meeting; advise on any risks or opportunities to the Plan.
• Coordinate with the FP&A team in developing the budgets and forecasts for the coverage departments.
• Maintain communication and collaboration between the accounting team, and the business units' FP&A team.
• Provide technical support in performing research and analysis on new accounting issues; Maintain up to date knowledge of GAAP pronouncements, particularly as it relates to the Company's existing and new business operations to ensure appropriate treatment of all transactions.
• Maintain and refresh, and in some cases, develop the Accounting policies and procedures as needed. Ensure proper internal control processes are observed.
• Ensure all processes are conducted in compliance with the internal accounting policies and procedures.
• Oversee the recording and accounting of all fixed asset purchases and disposals. Develop the depreciation expense annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
• Oversee the accounting of all expenses related to the Company's office leases, including the preparations of rent smoothing schedules for each lease.
• Oversee the accounting of expenses related to the Digital and Ancillary businesses; ensure the activities are properly recorded in accordance with GAAP
• Candidate is expected to challenge the status quo. Look for ways to improve efficiency, provide learning environment for staff development.
• Cultivate a positive and motivating environment where staff can produce high quality results, actively be involved in process improvement and share ideas
• Work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller on special projects and ad hoc reporting.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The ideal candidate needs to have strong technical accounting skills, with high emphasis on interpretation of GAAP guidelines, be highly organized and disciplined in his/her approach; be flexible to deal with the changing business requirements. The individual in this role must have the ability to interact with both senior management and staff. He/She will be required to relate what is occurring in the business units and interpret the accounting and financial impact. The ideal candidate will have the ability to articulate and relay the underlying business reason of any situation in a way that is appropriate for the audience. The candidate should have excellent spreadsheet and verbal presentation skills, and the ability to tailor such presentation to the audience.
• CPA licensure is a must with deep understanding of US GAAP; license must be active and maintained
• 10+ years of work experience inclusive of internal/external financial reporting experience required; top-tier public accounting firm experience required
• Candidate must be accountable, collaborative, creative and passionate.
• Excellent analytical, accounting and supervisory skills; ability to establish accounting and analytical procedures
• Excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail, excellent project managerial skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment; able to multi-task effectively and meet all established deadlines
• Self-motivated; highly capable of completing tasks and responding to department requests independently
• Demonstrates problem solving, decision making, and continuous process improvement skills
• Strong work ethic & professionalism
• Media industry experience preferred
• Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems (preferably SAP)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site