Hulu's Android team is seeking an SDET with a passion for writing robust test automation to join our team in Seattle. Our highly collaborative team brings together folks from many fields including quality assurance, program management, product management, UX and engineering. We are responsible for the apps that millions of Hulu viewers use to watch their favorite movies and shows, every single day. We strive to build and maintain the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) application on a broad set of Android devices, from phones to tablets, from Android 5.0 to the latest developer preview.
On the Mobile team and at Hulu, we are accountable to one another, committed to aligning on common goals, and moving forward. We do so because we know that no one person or team alone could achieve what we’re out to do! As a team, we continuously analyze data to improve our Apps, our processes and how we work together.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build and improve our automation, and partner with other Quality Engineers and SDETs to ensure both a high-quality bar and a high level of code coverage.
• Design test plans and build test cases for exciting new features and automate regression tests to ensure ongoing coverage.
• Diagnose, debug, and perform root cause analysis for issues in production or test environments, report defects, advocate for their resolution and provide transparency into the value of your work.
• Partner with multiple teams to arrive at End to End test scenarios and help execute them to ensure product release readiness.
WHAT TO BRING
• B.S. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience).
• 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience with a focus on automating tests.
• Proven experience with maintaining and extending automation frameworks.
• Experience programming with Java (or a similar language).
• Experience in driving multi-team testing in a collaborative environment.
• Knowledge of QA methodology and test/defect management tools.
• Good reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Relevant experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
• Mobile Testing Experience (Android preferred)
• Experience programming with Kotlin
• Experience working with Proxy Tools (like Charles or Fiddler)