Principal Product Designer
New York, NY US
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
As a Senior Product Designer on our team, you will conceive, define, design, develop, test, and launch vivid and compelling experiences that are contextually-relevant, exceedingly-useful, and curiously entertaining.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
• You are a seasoned designer with relentlessly high standards and deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of UX and product design.
• You are thoughtful and like to learn. You are fully-versed in consumer digital product best practices, technologies, and tools.
• You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer.
• You identify the most impactful concepts and push them through a rigorous course of critical evaluation, execution, implementation, experimentation, success-or failure.
• You are a strong communicator, able to articulate your point-of-view, and engage in fact-based discourse.
• You are scrappy-focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output.
• You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment.
• You are fluid and adaptable-able to work on multiple tracks and pivot from one project to another.
What you will be doing:
• Conceive and deliver end-to-end UX for high-value, consumer-centric digital products.
• Present creative to all audiences. Formulate and communicate ideas and plans to peers, leadership, and engineering contributors.
• Balance inputs from business, design, research, technology, and external partners. Create a network of cross-functional partners. Build rapport and earn trust.
• Collaborate with product owners and engineers to successfully deliver products to market.
• Minimum 7 years industry experience in the field as a UX/Product Designer
• An online portfolio reflecting that experience, including shipped and currently in-market products, and demonstrating end-to-end design methodology
• Advanced expertise with leading design tools, including the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Sketch, Figma, and other collaboration and prototyping tools
• Demonstrated expertise and experience designing for mobile platforms, iOS preferred
• Visual design expertise (or at least a very good eye)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site