Associate, Production Finance - Docs
Los Angeles, CA
The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis (SFP&A) team is looking for an Associate to join its financial planning team. This role will be a primary point person supporting senior management in studio budgeting and forecasting related areas. Senior leadership depends heavily on the Studio FP&A group to accurately model and forecast the business as well as to lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform critical business decisions.
This role will be based out of our Hollywood office and be responsible for financial planning and ad hoc analysis for the studio to support strategic decision-making, specifically:
• Leading the consolidation of near-term and long-term P&L and cash forecasts
• Coordinating and reporting on activities across multiple FP&A teams, business lines and stakeholder groups
• Providing FP&A support to the Physical Production team responsible for the delivery of Netflix's global originals
• Preparing guidance and financial update materials for Netflix executives and the Corporate/Content FP&A teams to identify potential shortfalls or surpluses across the business
• Developing and optimizing workflows that consolidate large complex data sets into easy to understand models and deliverables, used for insightful presentations to influence decision-making
• Creating KPI metrics and dashboards to measure performance and optimize business operations
• Supporting the enhancement roadmap and roll-out for financial forecasting systems/tools
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and strong, effective communicators. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously.
• 5+ years of experience in financial planning & analysis in entertainment, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred
• Prior experience in Studio Operations, Physical Production, Post Production, VFX or related production activities preferred
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis
• Superior proficiency with Excel, complex financial modeling and financial systems (e.g. Anaplan)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Sound working knowledge of the related accounting guidance preferred
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature, preferably Business, Economics, or Mathematics
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site