Manager, Program Research
New York, NY
Senior Director, Marketing, Digital Content Licensing – TEMPORARY
The Senior Director of Marketing, Digital Content Licensing is responsible for guiding marketing strategy and initiatives to build A+E's business in the area of digital content distribution and podcasting. This leadership role works both cross-departmentally to execute campaigns, launch new endeavors, and shape strategy, as well as serving as the lead point with external partners. The Senior Director reports into the SVP, Marketing and Brand Strategy at A+E Networks and is supported by two full-time marketers.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Senior Director, Marketing, Digital Content Licensing (Temporary):
• Lead partner marketing for all A+E content on 3rd party streaming platforms. Work with digital distribution partners to negotiate and execute marketing, co-marketing and barter opportunities for our channel brands.
• Oversee campaigns. Initiate and approve marketing briefs, media plans and creative assets for all campaigns to ensure success.
• Relationship management. As senior contact for partner communication, strengthen relationships with bright new ideas and opportunities to deepen partner marketing efforts.
• Launch pop-up channels. The Senior Director is the lead of new digital linear (AVOD) channel development from soup to nuts, including naming and name-clearances, briefing brand development, creative elements, launch campaigns and ongoing health of the channels.
• Launch new podcasts. Participate in podcasting development process and work across internal teams and external partners to execute series launch campaigns and maintain health of returning podcast series.
• Execute sales strategy. Oversee development of creative assets for pitches and sale (i.e. sizzles, pitch decks).
• Work in with Content Sales execs at deal-making phase to ensure marketing terms and reporting are optimal for A+E. Negotiate as needed.
• Ensure brand consistency. Proactively ensure that creative, message, language, and voice are consistent across all external streaming platforms and associated marketing channels where A&E, Lifetime and History content is viewed. Push for branding on distributed content and marketing materials. Ensure brand safety across a diverse portfolio of initiatives
• Internal communications. Clear communication up, down and across to ensure relevant internal teams are up to date on departmental directives, and senior team is aware of relevant information.
• Research & insights. Work closely with Research department to provide recommendations on how marketing can support achievement of business goals
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You'll have the opportunity to put all your creativity and innovative thinking to work growing a business, finding new solutions to new problems, and carving a path to the future of entertainment. You'll work closely with team members from different areas of the business, including our seasoned strategic marketing and creative teams.
• BA/BS Degree
• Proven track record in building partnerships and co-marketing opportunities; 8+ years
• Understanding of marketing partnerships from conception to execution
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple interests within different departments
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in a remote working capacity
• Deep knowledge of entertainment landscape, including competitive set and non-linear platforms
• Self-starter, driven to seek out new opportunities and develop ideas without direct oversight
• Adaptability, comfortable with shifting deadlines and direction
• Detailed-oriented and extremely organized
• Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
• Must be able to uphold confidentiality
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site