Senior Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Disney Streaming Services is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Growth Engineering team. Growth Engineering is on a mission to grow Disney+ subscribers to spread Disney magic all over the word. We are a distributed backend team that is responsible for managing millions of orders and subscriptions while ensuring seamless interaction with our customers.
This position is full-time and based in our office in New York, NY.
Software Engineer responsibilities:
• Design core, backend software components
• Code using primarily Scala and/or Java
• Interface with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
• Conduct design and code reviews
• Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
• 2+ years of relevant coding experience in Java / Scala / Kotlin
• Experience building scalable, robust, resilient and large scale systems
• Exposure in collaborating with multiple teams in delivering high impact features
• Experience working on relational and/or NoSQL databases
• B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
• Functional programming experience with Scala or Haskell.
• Cloud experience (AWS/GCP/Azure)