Fort Worth, TX
The primary responsibility is to present a lively innovative lifestyle show for Dallas-Fort Worth viewers in a light, fun and entertaining manner. In addition, the Host will be required to integrate sales and product placement presentations and segments within the show. The Host will be responsible for reporting entertainment stories (in house and in the field), generating content ideas, gathering information and preparing for presentation in the show. The Host will also be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the station.
• Be entertaining, energetic, creative, and possess a strong desire to contribute to the team and win!
• Articulate viewpoints and personal experiences in a manner that helps the audience feel a personal connection to the content
• Conduct primarily field interviews with guests and listeners
• Develop, write and produce packages. Shoot and edit packages for integration in the show.
• Collaborate with producers, co-hosts, and associate producers to generate interesting show topics that will create lively dialogue that engages the interests of the audience.
• Introduce contests and promotions.
• Promote the show, the station and the company positively on and off the air to maximize the growth of subscribers and listeners
• Make promotional appearances and travel for remote broadcasts and/or promotional events.
• Experience performing on a live show.
• Minimum three years on-air hosting experience
• Excellent communicator who is adept at engaging viewers, guests, and clients in a non-scripted, fun, lifestyle show environment
• The ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations and ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
• Experience in commercial production and hosting sales integrated content
• Knowledge of video camera equipment needed, including appropriate lighting, framing, placement of microphone, and audio monitoring
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite
• Understanding social media (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and how to self-promote on the platforms
• Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects making news in North Texas
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #).
• Must be willing to work at the production center in Fort Worth, Texas, just south of DFW Airport.
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal's Dispute resolution program
• The Host must be flexible pertaining to required wardrobe and on-air clothing as it may relate to seasons of the year, special occasions (e.g., Halloween, summer, etc.) and advertiser requirements
• Strong on-air presence and voice as well as ability to project a professional image
• A strong knowledge of North Texas' arts, cultural and lifestyle offerings
• Possess ability to develop story ideas, research, and plan segments
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Comfortable working with talent, artists and high-profile individuals
• Expert tease writer
• Competitive success in delivering both ratings and rank success
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal preferred
• Good public speaking and presentation skills
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site