Principal Engineer, Streaming Platforms
Location: This opportunity is available remote, however, the majority of the team sits in Denver.
Entercom is looking for a seasoned Director of Operations for RADIO.COM that possesses the ability to balance multiple, concurrent projects in a results-oriented environment. You will drive operational planning and execution of all aspects of the RADIO.COM platform, which include high availability and uptime management. You will lead a growing team of engineers to design, develop and implement cutting-edge consumer desktop and mobile applications. This role will be key in building fault tolerance, highly available, high performing applications that provides a seamless experience to our consumers.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating and rapidly iterating on high-quality and scalable products. We believe in self-empowered teams that can take a product from concept to delivery.
What you'll do:
• Lead, mentor and grow distributed cloud and streaming operations teams
• Achieve high levels of service availability and performance through the implementation of infrastructure architecture, tools, automation, and processes
• Define, implement, and improve operational models; including 24x7 Operations & On-Call, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem/Escalation Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes
• Implement System Management Tools to provide monitoring and management of all Cloud infrastructures.
• Implement capacity management tools and processes to effectively monitor, analyze, and plan for infrastructure resource needs
• Work closely with product, engineering, support, broadcast engineering and other groups to deliver a high quality of service for current and future RADIO.COM products and features.
• Implement and oversee Security policy, monitoring, and guidelines
• Lead the evaluation of emerging technologies and tools in support of operations and engineering initiatives
• Manage key strategic vendor relationships such as AWS and others who provide critical software and services
• Provide periodic updates to business stakeholders, leaders, executives, and senior management
• Responsible for department resource planning and budgeting and overall success of the team including planning, career development, staffing, and organization
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, with a drive to get things done.
• 8+ years of progressively responsible work experience in software platform & SaaS Ops or similar field
• Ability to drive transformation across teams.
• Ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Excellent process and best practice acumen, vendor management, delivering increased availability and service for customers.
• A very effective communicator, able to distill and describe complex technical problems in a competent and concise way
• History of leadership, people management, and managing a diverse team in multiple locations
• SLA management experience; ability to define and report Key Performance Indicators to monitor system and process health; define and report Customer facing service metrics.
• Experience creating and operating in an agile DevOps/SRE culture; with track record of collaborating with Engineering, QA, DevOps, Support, and other teams to deliver amazing products.
• Knowledge of key technologies & vendors in the streaming, cloud, and operations space:
• CDN (Fastly, Cloudflare, Cloudfront),
• Cloud (AWS and associated services such as EC2, EBS, RDS, Route 53, CloudWatch),
• OVP's (Brightcove),
• Cloud Encoding and Encoding Hardware (HLS, encoding, packaging)
• monitoring tools (Datadog, NewRelic, Splunk, Nagios, Graphite)
First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site