Front End Engineer - Creative Engineering
Culver City, CA
Come join a creative team dedicated to change the way movies are made!
We are looking for software development engineers that are passionate about building distributed systems, building media software, in cloud rendering, and rich data visualization providing interactive data exploration across a large volume of data sources generating metrics, logs, and traces. Amazon Studios has a fast-paced environment where we ''Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.'' On a typical day, our software development engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, release the latest new feature, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to building and operating at scale. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about observability, and believe that we are only scratching the surface of what AWS can really do to enable film and show production in the cloud.
You will be responsible to design, build, and scale a globally available AWS service that is business critical and in the forefront of our customer success. As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Experience with designing and supporting production/post production workflows
• First-hand experience creating industry requirements and serving on a standards committee
• 7+ years of experience in the entertainment industry with technical equipment, audio mixing, and post-production techniques
• Working knowledge of feature distribution and advanced formats: HDR – (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG, HFR, DCI, 4K, 8K) and video signal flows and technical monitoring
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organizational skills to handle multiple projects
• Ability to work with stakeholders of all technical levels
One or more of the following are preferred:
• 10+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Developer
• Depth in data structures and algorithms, especially those dealing with concurrency or scaling.
• Demonstrated proficiency in multiple modern programming languages, such as Java, Go, or Python.
• Experience communicating directly with users, software development teams, or management in order to share plans/vision or collect data (e.g. requirements) to drive product improvement.
• Track record of interviewing & hiring top tier engineering talent.
• Experience in AWS and/or cloud computing in general.
• Experience building software solutions that leverage AWS services (e.g. S3, DynamoDB, EC2).
• Experience coding in Go.
• Experience writing and using high speed file transfer using UDP into AWS services across distributed networks.
• Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.).
• Experience with CNCF projects such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, and Jaeger.
• Familiarity with internet security, SSO, IAM, RBAC.
• Experience with high scale data stores and caching strategies.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site