Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Data Instrumentation team. This role requires acute attention to detail, a strong sense of accountability, collaboration skills, and extensive hands-on experience with large datasets. In this role you will be working on data analysis, KPI definitions, data investigations and instrumenting and deploying production processes to ensure data quality assurance and completeness across the complete data lifecycle
At DSS, data is central to measuring all aspects of the business, and critical to its operations and growth. Data Instrumentation works closely with data stakeholders, front-end technology teams, data engineering, and back-end services for consistent collection and usage of business critical KPIs and data points.
• Understanding business requirements and translating them into actionable data points while owning end-to-end data lifecycle including how data should be tracked and measured for analysis, reporting and data quality assurance.
• Perform cross system data investigations and analysis to discover data inconsistencies, outlining path to remediation for development teams.
• Understand the systems and business processes that populate critical systems with data.
• Work with stakeholders to outline and define data definitions and apply appropriate usage.
• Identify data collection issues, suggest improvements, and help implement fixes.
• Work to support engineering teams tasked with ingestion of critical datasets as a subject matter expert.
• Create and manage key data quality health KPIs through regular metric monitoring and revise as needed as the number of datasets and critical systems expand.
• Work as a lead data steward hand-in-hand with the managers of the operating systems to convey the data quality needs.
• Document and implement data quality policies, standards, and procedures for both legacy and new data environments.
• Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot issues, analyze the cause, quickly come-up with the possible solution(s), document the changes, and communicate to the change to the organization
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and written communication skills
• Ability to evaluate risks and provide recommendations / solutions in a timely manner
• Familiarity with JIRA and agile methodologies
• Familiarity with clickstream tracking solutions such as Adobe Analytics
• Familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake
• Strong experience in documenting the data requirements, data strategy, data rules (standardization, cleanse, and validation)
• 2+ years of Python, Spark or SQL
• Experience operating in an SDLC environment and deploying code
• Minimum two years of experience in the technology industry, knowledge of data and product a plus.
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar) is desired