Manager - Site Reliability Engineer, Core
Los Gatos, CA US
The Device Ecosystem Engineering (DEE) team delivers Netflix on hundreds of millions of partner devices from smart TV's to MVPD Set Top Boxes to streaming sticks. The team collaborates with partners across the globe to deliver the Netflix Streaming Client on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. This requires our engineers to be involved with SoC, device drivers, and the fundamental system architecture. We are looking for an experienced, talented software engineer to ensure we repeatedly deliver a world-class highly reliable Netflix solution. Our partner devices run a diverse set of operating systems including other 3rd party technologies with multiple stakeholder companies spread around the world, making the scaling of the Netflix solution a unique challenge. We continue to drive forward the state of the art for streaming device product experiences, globally, through the use of our partnerships including Amazon, Comcast, Telefonica, Claro, Izzi among many others.
As a DEE engineer focused on the Netflix enabled partner device throughout the device lifecycle, you will directly impact the Netflix business. You will help our partners review SoC choices, driver compatibilities, 3rd party technologies, and Netflix feature feasibility to integrate the Netflix SDK at the highest quality. The functionality of Netflix certified products include streaming and playback, standards driven graphics, dynamic UI, payments, security, and other innovative partner-specific adaptations. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of engineers at Netflix and at our Partners. This role brings together embedded device technologies and challenges to deliver the highest performant user space application by applying your engineering and operational insights. You will get an opportunity to experience the full software stack, influence our highly specialized tools, and review business processes.
Developing, certifying, and maintaining the best possible Netflix application experience on a device requires continuous practice of curiosity and courage to overcome unknowns and resolve problems, while also gathering feedback to improve ourselves as well as our partners through the adoption of engineering best practices. Netflix is a native application and we strive to deliver the best UX to our users, with a focus on continuously getting better by practicing and advocating modern software development practices in the embedded domain.
Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix
• Help integrate, test, deploy, and improve Netflix ready devices over the entire device lifecycle using Netflix tools and data.
• Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables over multiple partner engagements.
• Build and maintain our engineering relationships with Netflix partners. Ability and willingness to travel internationally 4-6 times a year.
• Good communication skills in English, and fluency in Spanish or Portuguese are a must.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or equivalent practical experience.
• Programming or managerial experience in two or more from the following: Embedded Linux, device drivers, embedded graphics, software development with a focus on distributed computing involving audio/video standards.
• Demonstrated history and passion for cross-functional collaboration in pursuit of continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated history of delivering on full development lifecycle and multiple successful releases.