Full Time Job
- Full Time
WHO YOU ARE
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
We are looking for an efficient self-starting, listings publicist who enjoys process and is engaged with the detail of front desk publicity. The publicist will be joining a newly formed creative communications hub, with a core focus on Channel 5 programming, VIMN PR listings and front desk processes.
The majority of this role involves collaborating with the scheduling team and being able to react quickly to changes in an increasingly competitive market. You will have a high attention to detail and be able to do a deep dive into the schedule daily, communicating changes and sharing listings to TV Editors, PA, internal partners and the rest of the brand PR team.
Getting to grips with our internal scheduling systems will be essential, whilst maintaining a cool and calm approach and not becoming flustered by time pressures. With a keen eye for detail and strong writing skills the ideal candidate can sell a show in 200 characters as well as understanding the processes behind listings, EPG and schedules. The team reports into the Head of PR and the successful applicant will love working in a truly integrated 360 team.
You will embrace the 'One ViacomCBS' approach by encouraging collaboration. Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support our culture of inclusion! A genuine passion for brands, youth culture, comedy & entertainment is a requirement! We are looking for someone to take a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable within a dynamic, fast paced Hub.
• Help build schedules ready for publication
• Leading weekly press information booklet, listings, EPG and schedule changes to all third parties and internal parties
• Act as a point of contact for all journalist queries and requests for VCNI PR Hub
• Careful handling of screeners and their distribution being aware of any restrictions, while working closely with Legal to ensure all assets shared with third parties are aligned
• Developing digital & online coverage by developing contacts across a variety of websites and placing clips, pictures and news pieces
• Build key relationships with influencers, digital outlets as well as traditional print, online and broadcast media
• Proactive liaising with content suppliers, internally and externally
• Leading on Brand PR Hub monitoring and analyses of campaigns and track market trends and share of media voice across PR Hub brands
• Conduct interviews for and write up press packs for programming across brands
• Execution of campaigns briefed in for priority new shows & events; developing and pitching news stories, features and talent interviews when resource requires
• Supporting the awards committee and leading on writing awards submissions and channel of the year documentation
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
• Prioritising skills are essential
• An understanding of the media landscape (traditional and digital), editorial requirements and what makes a story – a keen 'nose for news'
• Some experience within the PR/TV/entertainment/media industry with some TV contacts.
• Understanding a reactive and pro-active press office, handling incoming press enquiries and advancing any crises led issues
• A communications professional, able to negotiate and run internal partners
• Tech-savvy with experience of the social media landscape and platforms including YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, Vine, Instagram etc
• Experience in working with bloggers / vloggers
• Strong writing ability – from press releases to awards submissions
• Be an efficient self-starter, personable and a standout colleague
• Coordinated approach towards all forms of media
• Be adaptable, as some work is required out of hours
• Edit experience on Adobe Premiere is an advantage but not essential
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance : You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan : We'll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount : If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we'll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme : You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we'll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership : We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants : Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway : With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!
ViacomCBS takes its responsibility of being a Disability Confident Employer seriously and we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for. If you require any support or assistance during the interview process, please let your recruiter know or emailand we will be happy to help.
Whether you are a leader or hope to one day be, you will be a change maker by challenging the status quo, Lead with passion and purpose Drive collaboration and Lead with openness to individual differences and diverse perspectives.
What are our values - Bravery | Empathy | Honesty
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
What are our benefits
As well as being supported with your career goals you will be entitled to:
• Private Medical Insurance after completing 3 months of employment
• Season Ticket Loan
• Cycle to work scheme
• TV Package Discount
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
• Discounts for Local Shops and Restaurants and Access to Reward Gateway
• We are happy to talk about flexible working
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit