Senior Accounting Manager
Universal Music Group
Woodland Hills, CA US
We are currently seeking an eager, motivated and detail-oriented Financial Analyst to assist in the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, monthly close and accounts payable processes as part of our Finance team. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for maintaining detailed budget/forecast templates, analyzing departmental data, preparing accurate reconciliations and assisting with AP vendor spend for the Corporate Centers within the Universal Music Group. The position requires 1-2 years of experience in a similar finance/accounting/audit position, including advanced skill in Excel.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Maintain and update budget/forecast templates for multiple departments
• Effectively analyze data (including general ledger account detail) to ensure accuracy of reporting
• Assist with enhancing and modifying financial models and reporting as needed
• Prepare accurate account reconciliations while working with the accounting team on general ledger details
• Assist with vendor spend processing, tracking and reconciling as needed
• Provide ad hoc reporting and analyses
Bring your VIBE:
• Minimum 1-2 years of similar finance, accounting and/or audit experience is required
• Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
• Experience with financial applications software (SAP, Hyperion, Power BI, etc) is a plus
• Demonstrable proficiency in the use of spreadsheets; utilizing pivot tables, graphs and advanced formulas
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to establish quick rapport with others in the department and across the business
• Bachelor’s degree required, specific to business, finance or accounting.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.