Financial Analyst, Contract Reporting
Burbank, CA US
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling.
WarnerMedia's new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favorites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of groundbreaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
The Senior Director will be a key member of our Production team working closely with Production VP's to ensure our shows are produced in accordance with Creative expectations and Financial parameters.
• In conjunction with Production Finance, this position will be responsible for reviewing 3rd party production budgets for projects in development and partnering with Production Finance and other Turner departments to ensure accuracy of budgets on active shows.
• This position also will require researching potential shooting locations, incentives, labor rules/rates, facilities and other production resources for the Production department to develop and execute strategic production plans.
• Production Budgeting: Planning, coordination and working with outside producers to create production budgets for HBO Max.
• Will work closely with Creative, Casting, Business Affairs, and Finance to ensure budget meets both creative/operational/financial expectations.
• Will work with 3rd party production companies on CV19 response and plans and will liaise with the Warner Media Return to Work Taskforce to ensure WM guidelines are followed.
• In addition, will assist Business Affairs and Finance in review of budgets for Licensed Shows which have been prepared by third party Production Companies/Studios.
• Production Management: On assigned shows, oversees and directs all production related activities from prep thru wrap to ensure they are being produced/delivered on schedule, within budget parameters and consistent with internal creative expectations. For non-assigned shows, partner with Production VP s to review and analyze crew deals, vendor deals, facility leases, union agreements and other contracts.
• This position will also coordinate with other WarnerMedia departments to achieve their goals/expectations.
• Production Compliance: Establish and enforce production policies and procedures on assigned shows, provide suggested updates to Production Manual as necessary.
• In addition, ensure compliance with Union/Guild rules and regulations; compliance with Government rules and regulations; compliance with production incentive rules and regulations to maximize incentives.
• Production Administration: Review production generated reports for accuracy and completeness. Ensure timely distribution of reports to appropriate departments/staff/3rd parties. These reports include Daily Call Sheets, Daily Production reports, Production schedules, Day out of Day reports, Wrap reports, Crew Lists, Union required reports.
• Various special analysis and research requests. Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years producing/production management and/or production finance experience required.
• Management experience/knowledge in unscripted television desired but not required.
• Working knowledge of production scheduling and/or production budgeting software.
• Strong communication, analytic, diplomatic, initiative and leadership skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships is critical.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, deliver results, meet deadlines and work well within a team environment is required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands