Burbank, CA US
CG CHARACTER MODELER (UNTITLED STAR TREK SERIES)
Overview and Responsibilities
• Work with the Lead CG Character Modeler to create models for characters, character blend shapes, and character UV unwraps.
• Create high quality and detailed character assets based on show requirements.
• Includes being flexible to adapt from one modeling style to another.
• Candidate should have a fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface characters, create rig friendly topology for the character's needs, achieving desired aesthetics within the allowed polygon count, and efficiently translate the character from 2D to 3D.
• Aid in the research, development and implementation of methods and techniques.
• Simple knowledge of rigging, cluster creation, simple joint setup etc is a plus.
• Complete tasks within the time allotted.
• The ideal candidate should be an artist who is familiar with creating characters.
• A great ''can do'' attitude and open-mindedness to non-traditional solutions is essential.
• We are looking for individuals who have extensive knowledge, experience and skill sets implementing the following into a Maya production pipeline.
• The Character Modeler should have 2-4 years of industry experience in film, broadcast, and/or games (Not Mandatory).
Job Locations US-CA-Burbank
Job Type Full-Time Staff
Brand Nickelodeon Animation