Accounts Payable Invoices Specialist
Singapore, SG SG
Overview and Responsibilities
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Are you someone who is passionate about financial compliance? Do you have the interest and creativity to help us build our compliance function and ensure our business has a world-class compliance program and is meeting all our regulatory requirements in a diverse multi-media entertainment brand? If so, you could be our next Manager, Compliance, Asia Pacific.
Reporting to Vice President, Sox and Business Process Compliance and Cluster Controller, Asia Pacific, you would play a pivotal part in the compliance and controllership team. Actively participating in ensuring that our internal controls are operating effectively, and that risks are identified and remediated timely.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING
• Execute our various Compliance initiatives such as design and improvement of local process and controls, maintenance & training on cluster authorization matrix and other control and policy matters, and ad-hoc operational reviews throughout the APAC cluster
• Roll out Viacom Non Negotiable controls program to the cluster which includes meetings with business to present initial communication deck and control concepts, control design and customization sessions as needed, and subsequent testing of control effectiveness
• Ensure all operational and SOX controls are communicated effectively and understood by the business; provide training as necessary
• Identify and communicate concerns related to controls and operating environment
• Assist business with remediation of cluster SOX, Non Negotiable and Internal Audit control deficiencies including subsequent remediation testing and reporting
• Be the primary contact on all Compliance and Delegation of Authority-related questions for APAC cluster, supporting the finance leadership team. Build, develop and deliver annual DOA training; maintenance and review efforts
• Lead Compliance reviews on initiatives from system implementations to reorganizations and process changes
• Manage all APAC cluster controls efforts in terms of proper documentation, testing and remediation reporting to NYHQ
• Work with local management to identify opportunities to leverage IT solutions to create efficiencies in financial processes and strengthen internal controls
• Assist on ad hoc projects and reviews with key partners to ensure policies and procedures are in alignment with processes and controls
WHAT YOU BRING
• Degree in Finance with ACCA or CPA qualification
• Minimum 5 years compliance experience, preferably media industry
• Ability to think strategically and creatively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a dynamic and global environment
• Excellent social skills which will enable you to interact with a wide range of personalities and build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
• Highly organized, collaborative self-starter with the ability to work under pressure, set priorities, handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
• Team spirit and a willingness to go above and beyond for the brand
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP knowledge desirable
WHO WE ARE
Viacom is much more than a pay TV company – we create entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture through an ecosystem of content, experiences, merchandise and advertising solutions with a portfolio of the world's strongest, most iconic and trusted brands such as MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount & Comedy Central to name a few.
We have a massive social footprint with more than 1 billion global fans, followers and subscribers and billions of views each month across the portfolio. We have 300+ channels, can be found in 183 countries, have 600 million households and can be heard in 42 languages.
People around here say their favourite things about working here are the people, projects, autonomy, office space, social, wellbeing and learning opportunities.
What is unique to us? We're small in size but large in ambitions and opportunity! This means you'll have a say in how the projects you work on play out and will get involved in a broader range of work than you would in a larger office. Our work is always evolving and we're always trying new things – if that excites you then this is the place for you.
Think this is for you?