Director Of Data Science
New York, NY US
The Director of Program Management, Commerce Product is responsible for the management and monitoring of a range of programs and projects for the Direct-to-Consumer Commerce product team. A master of structuring work, developing process and helping teams realize their full delivery potential, the successful candidate will have a proven record of delivery success in rapidly evolving environments. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Commerce Product and will be responsible for both directly managing projects and managing others. A love for delivering on consumer needs and creating best-in-class consumer products is a must.
• Establish a process for product/project delivery both within the Commerce product team and within the larger product and technology environment
• Determine, roll out and maintain tools and best practices for the management of projects and project communications.
• Manage team capacity, forecasts, burn-down and budget.
• Maintain a departmental wide view of all Commerce programs and projects
• Ensure appropriate controls and monitoring are in place by program and project managers to enable accurate reporting of status across the portfolio, including timelines, risks and issues.
• Liaise with other PMOs around NBCU to ensure cross-functional alignment and provide assurance around dependencies.
• Build and support internal and external communication plans, status reports and progress against plan analyses and presentations.
• Manage high-profile projects and deliveries
• Bachelor's degree level or equivalent, relevant project or program management qualification.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in a change delivery role, including 5+ years of demonstrable experience governing a portfolio of programs and projects.
• Previous experience delivering several challenging projects or programs.
• Conversant in program and project management methodologies from waterfall to agile, able to identify and rollout the best methodology for the task and situation
• Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to tailor to all levels of an organization
• Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to coordinate team members across disparate global teams and plus.
• Keen understanding of how to consistently ''move the ball forward'' in varied circumstances.
• Able to energize a team against a goal, committed to continuous evolution and improvement
• Strong understanding of the global media landscape
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including PowerPoint and Excel.
• Self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
• Strong political acumen, able to tailor style and approach to influence teams and individuals to gain the commitment and performance required to deliver
• Highly collaborative, able to build mutually beneficial relationships with delivery teams.
• Comfortable with uncertainty, but with the drive to establish order and structure.
• Previous experience working with remote delivery teams.