Producer, Americas News Headquarters
Washington, DC US
Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to fill an associate producer position in our Washington D.C Bureau. The Associate Producer will be responsible for working with reporters to gather video/audio elements, obtain information and deliver compelling live shots. You must be willing to get the latest elements into your live shots and move content forward. As the Associate Producer, a natural curiosity of news is a must.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, logs events, and identifies news developments.
• Remain read-in and familiar with daily developments on Washington based and political stories.
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots.
• Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for news developments.
• Work with D.C. and New York based shows to make sure we deliver visually compelling live shots.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 2 years of television news experience.
• Experience with producing news live shots.
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics.
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies.
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news.
• Be a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and VIZ systems is a plus.
• Strong communications skills