Lighting Technical Director
London, EN GB
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Creates the textures, colours and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Works with the production team to execute the desired look of CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
• Responsible for creating the textures, colours, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
• Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Works closely with Art Directors, Modellers, and look-development TD's in achieving desired look of Photo real models.
• Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent or previous professional experience in a related field.
• Proven experience within a high-end VFX facility in a similar role.
• Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies
• Proven experience creating organic and hard surfaces and textures in a feature film or production environment.
• Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• A demonstrated desire to develop computer skills.
• Modelling / CG Sculpting skills a plus.
Required Technical Skills
• Proven Mari, Zbrush, Maya, Photoshop, or Bodypaint.