Senior Android Software Developer
Seattle, WA US
Hulu's Android team is seeking a Senior Software Developer with a passion for mobile applications to join our team in Seattle. Our highly collaborative team brings together folks from many disciplines including quality assurance, program management, product management, UX and engineering. We are responsible for the apps that millions of Hulu viewers use to watch their favorite movies and shows, every single day. We strive to build and maintain the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) application on a broad set of Android devices, from phones to tablets, from Android 5.0 to the latest developer preview. We would love to see samples of your work. If you’ve got something to share with us, please make sure your resume or application links to your GitHub account or an app in the Play store.
On the Mobile team and at Hulu, we are accountable to one another, committed to aligning on common goals, and moving forward. We do so because we know that no one person or team alone could achieve what we’re out to do! As a team, we continuously analyze data to improve our Apps, our processes and how we work together.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to craft best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences
• Implement the UI for new features and initiatives, working closely with the developers of the Hulu web site and living room apps
• Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing test infrastructures, writing documentation, ensuring high performance, and following an agile development methodology
• Support and mentor other developers on the team
WHAT TO BRING
• 6+ years of experience developing client apps
• 3+ years of experience developing native Android apps
• A deep understanding of the Android SDK, Activity and Fragment lifecycles, thread management, custom views, and animations
• Experience with common Android libraries like RxJava, Picasso, Retrofit, etc
• Passion for app architecture design and object-oriented programming patterns
• Proficiency with Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, Gradle, etc.
• Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Be independent, hardworking, and capable of working towards results across teams
• Be an excellent communicator who collaborates well across teams
• Experience with test-driven development, test automation, and/or CI
• Experience with test automation and CI
• In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture
• Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM