Center Valley, PA US
The Senior Cloud Engineer will be responsible for managing the company's current cloud infrastructure, as well as playing a leading role in the assessment and transition of on-premise infrastructure to cloud based solutions. They will work closely with members from the Infrastructure, Software Engineering, Networking and Security teams to ensure a seamless transition. As part of the assessment, the Senior Cloud Engineer will determine which combinations of technology services provide the most appropriately sized and cost-effective solutions to the company.
• Maintains confidentiality of Hearst and its clients' proprietary information.
• Manages the company's current cloud infrastructure.
• Maintains responsibility for all aspects of the cloud environment.
• Leads the assessment and transition of on-premise infrastructure to cloud-based solutions.
• Determines which combinations of technology services provide the most appropriately sized and cost-effective solutions to the company.
• Collaborates with Infrastructure, Software Engineering, Networking and Security teams to ensure seamless transitions.
• Partners with members of the Technical Operations and Engineering teams to develop a clear understanding of the application stacks that power services for CDS Global.
• Provides recommendations and solutions for the challenges that arise throughout the planning and execution phases of application migrations.
• Supports efforts to optimize costs by leveraging features like auto scaling and reserved instances.
• Evaluates new technologies and leads efforts to introduce them into the environment when there is a business case.
• Partners with the DevOps team at Hearst Magazines to ensure major decisions align with existing standards and lessons learned from earlier transformations.
• Troubleshoots and identifies root causes for issues in complex environments.
• Interacts in cooperative and professional manner, with all levels of employees, vendors and/or clients, in team environment.
• Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assumes additional responsibilities as requested (or required).
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND LICENSING
• Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or information systems & technology or equivalent. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
• Six or more years of professional work experience supporting complex technical solutions hosted in AWS.
• Eight or more years of hands-on working experience supporting large scale Linux environments.
• Advanced experience working with public cloud technologies.
• IT professional with excellent DevOps skills.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
• Experience creating automation using AWS SDKs in Python, Ruby, or similar.
• Experience with Docker and container orchestration.
• Experience with modern web technologies.
• Familiarity with the tools (Jenkins, Travis, etc.) and processes used to support a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment.
• Experience architecting and supporting highly available and highly scalable infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of Kubernetes preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Strategic planning skills.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site