Sr Cloud Backend Engineer
New York, NY US
Overview and Responsibilities
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The brand includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, location-based experiences, publishing and feature films. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Noggin is a leading interactive learning service for families with preschoolers. We help young kids develop skills, knowledge and passions through play with the characters they love. We also help parents help their kids thrive. A multi-platform direct-to-consumer offering, Noggin reaches families in the domestic market through standalone mobile apps, connected TV apps, and add-on channels. We are forming a team of highly motivated individuals who are eager to work in a start-up-like environment within a large media company. We need innovators and self-starters who are passionate about playful learning and comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative-led organization.
Are you eager to help build the future of Noggin?
The Senior Product Manager role:
You will own the Noggin standalone app across multiple digital platforms, including the Apple, Android and Roku ecosystems. You will shepherd business and user needs through the many stages of product development, including ideation, research, planning, and execution.
• Lead the development of a learning and media-focused product strategy and vision supported by research, data and business goals.
• Coordinate the entire lifecycle of features, from definition to prioritization to technical implementation, in collaboration with cross-functional partners, designers, developers and QA.
• Break down complex problems into manageable steps by authoring and prioritizing epics and user stories.
• Be a leader on a cross-functional scrum team-foster a creative, team oriented and disciplined culture to produce the best results possible.
• Analyze product use and performance to continually focus on subscription growth and engagement.
• Communicate product roadmap and requirements across teams and departments clearly and effectively.
• Use data in making product decisions and setting priorities; encourage metrics-based optimizations-striking the right balance between fixing bugs and launching new features.
• 5+ years experience in product management with at least 2 years working with a consumer-facing digital product.
• Deep understanding of product development process end-to-end; technical background or extensive experience with technical side of product development process a plus.
• Strong user experience focus.
• A/B testing and multivariate testing experience.
• Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team.
• Solid understanding of the Apple and Android ecosystem.
• Experience working with edTech and/or direct-to-consumer is a plus.
• Track record of success in collaborating with folks across functions, tenures, levels of risk understanding.
• Phenomenal oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with and leading remote teams a plus.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.