VP Consumer Marketing
New York, NY US
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media partner that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving
multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s 16 networks (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.).
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within Paid Acquisition Strategy for Discovery’s US Networks. S/he will be responsible for leading all media strategy for a key group of networks, leading marketing counterparts and your internal team towards the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers who will watch the various Discovery networks on all devices. Focused on top level network specific analysis, developing and understanding media strategies routed in data (including paid media campaign planning across digital, social, TV, print, radio, and OOH) and instituting workflow efficiencies and automations to advanced insights and abilities.
The Director will report to the Sr Director of Paid Acquisition for US Networks and lead the relationship with marketing, research, creative, programming, sales, and any/all other internal entities relating to media/marketing and partnerships.
1. Act as a strategic thought leader who is constantly looking for new ways to advance the sophistication of media and process to drive user acquisition in the most effective and efficient way possible.
2. Implement Test/Learn/Adapt approaches utilizing data and technology to drive success, strongly considering data usage; actionability, architecture, measurement, automation and privacy.
3. Build the media approach and strategic direction for all assigned network initiatives, implementing a wise simplification of complex ideas, clearly and concisely communicating the fundamental concepts from planning and post analysis.
4. Lead Managers, Strategists, and Coordinators through exercises and planning designed to maximize effectiveness/efficiencies; annual planning, budget, media mix, target audiences, flighting, tactics, research and considerations.
5. Work with network partners to define tangible and measurable goals.
6. Use media math and metrics to solve complex company and industry questions with clear logic flow through analysis and statistics.
7. Focus on post analysis that uncovers the “why” behind performance in order to garner learnings that are tangible and actionable.
8. Work with the Investment part of the acquisition team to ensure all media impressions are optimized and align with goals.
9. Manage and grow direct report(s) - Media Manager(s), Media Strategist(s), and Media Coordinator(s). Seamless team management is critical to understand and communicate task prioritization and workload while meeting the expectations of internal partners.
* Minimum 7 years of paid media planning experience.
* Demonstrated expertise in media strategy and execution.
* Digital native mindset/thinking
* Proactive, self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
* Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience with direct client relationship responsibilities includes regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, and performance management.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
* Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team.
* Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
* Understanding of TV Everywhere and the Television ecosystem is a plus.
* Experience with Direct Response is strongly preferred with experience with attribution and conversion reporting.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint.
* College degree required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.