Software Quality Engineering Lead, Subscription Lifecycle
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu is investing tremendously to modernize our systems by developing a subscription and payment orchestration platform for our web, mobile, and Living Room device clients. You will be joining the team responsible for being the interface between these client teams and the entire Subscription Lifecycle ecosystem.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work alongside Product and Business teams to understand the business implications and user flows for sign up and user account management.
• Architect and Develop a future proof API layer that exposes the Subscription Lifecycle platform capabilities to clients.
• Craft and Develop robust API contracts and scalable microservices for internal clients.
• As a senior team member, You will orchestrate the high-level design and system flow between clients and backend systems.
• Mentor junior engineers on the team.
• Be the go-to person on technical questions.
• Understand the dependencies on core subscription, billing, and payment systems and how they will affect clients.
• Be responsible for the end-to-end software development lifecycle for our systems: Conceptualize, design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, measure performance.
• Collaborate with the Product team to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementation.
• Define technical and operational critical metrics to measure system health.
• Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• Strong code design and architectural skills
• Strong programming (Java or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
• Experience with SQL
• Outstanding communication, collaboration skills, and a strong ethic of teamwork
• Quality-first demeanor with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience with non-relational database technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB)
• Experience with Redis and/or Memcached
• Experience with Spinnaker and Kubernetes
• Experience with Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
• Experience with AWS, Terraform