London, United Kingdom
Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
The Global Video Platform for Direct-to-Consumer (DTC), delivers the video and metadata for all our DTC products. Bringing to life, innovating and redefining user engagement with iconic channels our audiences know and love: Eurosport, GCN, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Food Network Kitchen, DGo, DPlay, DPlus India. DTC aims are to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten them through amazing viewing experiences, delivering content both Live and Video on Demand (VOD) to millions of viewers daily.
The Global Video Platform team is looking to grow its team with a DevOps engineer to help manage and support our video workflows that have been deployed in the cloud. This role will include support for existing systems including monitoring/ metrics, as well as work on the next generation of video delivery features with the associated CI/CD pipelines.
• Design and support Infrastructure as Code automation and deployment processes
• Help define, implement, and manage the provisioning, software configuration and release process for all applications and environments
• Serve as a gatekeeper for infrastructure and system deployments; establish controls and processes around these functions
• Deliver new features in conjunction with the application team by providing highly available and scalable infrastructure
• Improve infrastructure and reliability of systems through monitoring and metric collection
• Make continuous improvements to security and costs of infrastructure
• Maintain Operations Environment and Tools
• Provide production support
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of systems engineering experience
• Expertise with Infrastructure as Code (Chef, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible)
• Experience with Monitoring and Metrics (Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic)
• Familiarity with network file systems (NFS, Gluster, EFS)
• Cloud experience (80% AWS especial Elemental Media Services, 20% GCP)
• Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, ECR, EKS)
• Build Support for engineering teams (Bamboo, Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild)
• Full understanding with entire software delivery lifecycle
• Desire to take on extra responsibility and work under own initiative. An eagerness to learn and a proclivity to take ownership for the work produced.
• Demonstratable ability to work well in a matrix environment with internationally based teams (or Ability to work effectively with a diverse team that is geographically dispersed.)
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site