Software Engineer, Customer Data Portal Frontend
New York, NY
The Content Engineering team at Disney Streaming is hiring an Associate Technical Project Manager to help build and support the metadata and artwork platform for Disney+, ESPN+, and other streaming services. Our systems are collectively responsible for integrating with the studios to bring all the metadata and artwork for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Nat Geo, and Fox content onto the Disney Streaming platform for inclusion in Disney+. This includes distributed systems that handle metadata and artwork ingest, management, discovery, curation, personalization, and syndication. Our metadata drives nearly every aspect of the user experience in Disney Streaming products.
As an Associate Technical Project Manager on the Content Engineering team, you'll be responsible for working with the engineering team to deliver applications and services that support Disney+, ESPN+ and other streaming services operated by Disney Streaming. You'll work with Product and other engineering teams to coordinate and deliver quality, large scale, and highly performant applications and services. Our collaborative culture encourages all team members to contribute to the success of our services, and the Associate TPM plays a key role in this. The Associate TPM promotes transparent communication, builds relationships with others, and is proactive in resolving barriers. Diversity and inclusion are extremely important to our culture and are among Disney Streaming's core values. We consider candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives and strive to build a welcoming environment for everyone.
• Develop, maintain, and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of assigned project(s) for a team.
• Work with the team to define activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration, and associated resource requirements for project(s).
• Provide project communications for the team, ensuring effective exchange of project deliverables to identify, analyze, prioritize, and mitigate project risks using best practices.
• Assist with technical feasibility implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA improvement efforts by encouraging collaboration with product partners to refine project scope and objectives.
• Contribute to product development activities, scheduling feature additions in iterative release cycles based on priority and importance and improve department and organization reputation by ownership of accomplishing new and different requests.
• Achieve operational objectives by supplying information and recommendations; preparing and completing action plans; implementing Content Engineering wide standards; helping to identify and resolve problems; completing audits; identifying trends; resolving system improvements; and implementing changes.
• Confirmed knowledge in fundamentals of project planning and management, ideally in an Agile environment.
• Software development knowledge including APIs, frameworks and structured data formats.
• Strong teamwork ethic with excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment.
• Bachelor's degree highly preferred
• Software Engineering experience is ideal
• CSM or PMP certification