Full Time Job
Broadcast & IT Field Engineer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
The Broadcast & IT Field Engineer is tasked with timely and professional technical support in a fast paced 24x7x365 field newsgathering/production environment.
• Individuals in this job have fully demonstrated the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to set up and operate satellite news gathering ("SNG") trucks & flyaways, install & configure video streaming hardware, perform quality control and maintenance and repair of all television broadcast and/or satellite transmission and receiving equipment, as well as perform general hardware and software support for local computing equipment (e.g. laptops, LAN connection, digital phones) on site.
• This position requires proficient electronics and IT support skills.
• Travel, often on short notice, is required, and the ability to physically lift and move equipment weighing 50 pounds or more may be necessary.
• Must be willing to perform varied tasks when required on assignment to support the production.
• Must have ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations frequently encountered in field remote environments.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal, written) are required.
• This position will primarily provide field support but will also spend time in-house or assisting Broadcast and IT teams with project and maintenance work when not otherwise deployed in field.
• 4-year technical degree, preferably electronics (or equivalent education/experience/training)
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer and data networking hardware and applications to ensure complete technical support in the field.
• A Certified Driver's License ("CDL") must be maintained in order to operate the satellite truck or able to obtain one within a year.
• RF training / certification
• Typically, 4 or more years of experience in SNG transmissions, radio / television production, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of TV, radio equipment, IT systems, satellite, production servers and studio systems; IP streaming systems, file ingest systems and quality control.
• Multi-cameras field-based production experience
• Ability to coordinate and communicate well with others to get the work done.
• Ability to travel on International remote assignments and ability to travel on short notice for extended and potentially intermediate time periods
• Willingness to learn Turner/CNN proprietary equipment and to facilitate repairs on field equipment while on assignment.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
TurnerWarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site