Growth Marketing Manager
Assoc. Manager, Affiliate Marketing (Business Development)
The CNN Business Development and Partnerships team creates new ways of driving incremental revenue and audience across all platforms for CNN Digital Worldwide. The commerce team specifically focuses on generating revenue from digital transactions via our product reviews and recommendations website, CNN Underscored.
• As an Associate Manager of Business Development on the Commerce team, your time would be dedicated to assisting the team on the day-to-day production and growth of CNN Underscored.
• Work with managers to identify, analyze, and develop new business and product initiatives to move the commerce business forward.
• Conduct competitive analyses to understand where there are gaps and opportunities.
• Coordinate with editorial team on business development led initiatives, which may include new partnerships, technologies, and seasonality trends.
• Give presentations to internal and external parties regarding the performance of CNN's commerce efforts. Identify, recruit and review new advertisers who can provide additional reach and revenue growth.
• Review contracts and advertiser terms and conditions to onboard into Commerce platform.
• Sell inventory across CNN Digital properties to advertisers as part of our Paid content offering.
• Negotiate advertiser commission rates to achieve yearly revenue targets.
• Candidates should be passionate about the digital space, self-motivated, able to multitask, and function in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in digital marketing, sales or related field; affiliate marketing experience preferred.
• The ideal candidate is organized, has a strong attention to detail, the ability to problem solve, a genuine interest in studying data, and can effectively communicate informative findings to his or her team.
• Competency in Microsoft suite of tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• A competent public speaker with the ability to present to small and large groups.
• Comfortable in a performance-based sales role where securing new revenue is critical to achieving the team's objectives.
• Candidate is proactive with outreach to partners and has proven negotiation skills.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands