Talent Development Artist - Character Design Trainee
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Walt Disney Animation Studios has an exciting opportunity for Character Modelers to join the team at our Burbank, CA studio.
As a Modeler at our studio, you will build complex 3D models including organic characters and prop models. You'll work with a team of artists, including Visual Development Artists and Character TDs to interpret designs, and build and refine models for production.
• Character modelers work with polygonal topologies to create highly-stylized and appealing characters with their associated props.
• Collaborate with downstream departments to meet their technical needs.
• Address direction and feedback from Supervisors, Art Directors, and Directors
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of Animation, VFX, or Video Game industry experience modeling in Maya and Zbrush
• Demonstrates ability to learn new toolsets
• Ability to translate 2d artwork to 3d models/sculpts
• Collaborative mindset in working with and addressing feedback as well as direction from Model Supervisor and Art Director
• Ability to work well in teams consisting of rigging, animation and character design
• Proven ability to be detail oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong knowledge of related field such as anatomy
• Facial blend shape targets
• Experience with traditional sculpting
• Experience with character rigging
• Experience with texture/shading
• Experience with Marvelous Designer
• Scripting (Python) background
When applying, please include a resume and reel breakdown with your online profile. When applicable, wireframes, close up of rotating heads, and 2D reference art should be shown.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site