Senior Product Manager, Payments
Santa Monica, CA
The Hulu team in Santa Monica is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our Subscription Lifecycle organization. The Billing team is responsible for building the systems that act as the heartbeat of our platform, which handles hundreds of thousands of recurring transactions every day. Our billing solutions span retail, wholesale and third-party channels and you will collaborate closely with your peers to deliver a world-class solution. If you are someone who has a passion for building, reinventing and innovating, then this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design, build and optimize a large-scale orchestration layer that handles both recurring billing and one-time transactions.
• Participate in the design and architecture of our platform modernization efforts
• Serve as a catalyst for leading Agile transformation on the team
• Work closely with Product owners and Technical program managers
• Interact and collaborate daily with other teams in the Subscription Lifecycle organization that handle our Payments, Subscriptions and Accounting platforms
• Coach and mentor junior team members
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience and proficiency in Java, Go or other object oriented language
• Proven track record in building highly scalable distributed systems in a cloud architecture
• Experience with databases like mysql/Postgres, HDFS, Hive or DynamoDB
• Quality-first mentality with focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
• Experience with observability platforms like DataDog, New Relic, etc.
• Experience with Apache Kafka or Spinnaker
• Experience with container orchestration systems such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
• Familiarity with domain driven design
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site