New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
As a software engineer on our Platform for Interactive Experiences (PIE) team, you will be responsible for crafting and implementing core engine features and components that are utilized by our in house production teams building our play along videos. You'll spend most of your time writing code that will result in adding new features to PIE, improving performance of existing code, refining existing aspects of the product and fixing any bugs as they arise. On any given day you may have the following responsibilities:
• Take a proactive role in improving processes and tech pipelines
• Work closely with leadership team (engineering and product) to help building & executing product roadmap
• Research and investigate new technologies and how they can be used within our pipelines
• Lead and own performance optimizations (rendering, loading, memory usage, and file size optimizations, etc.)
• Effectively communicate project status to extended games team
• Write tools to automate reoccurring tasks during the project life cycle
• Write high quality code and unit tests and conduct regular cross-team code reviews
• Guide and mentor junior team members of the team
• Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming.
• Strong ability to profile code for performance, memory consumption and garbage creation with the ability to identify bottlenecks and memory leaks.
• Experience with engineering standard methodologies including continuous integration, code reviews and unit testing.
• Validated capability in problem solving and ability to come up with innovative solutions
• Able to write tools & scripts to help designers & artists be more productive.
• Ability to work with a multi-functional team including artists, designers, QA, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• 3+ years of domain experience strongly preferred
• Experience developing native applications on iOS and/or Android
• Experience working with game engines and frameworks (Unity, Unreal, Sprite Kit, libGDX, etc.)
• Experience with scrum agile process
• Network protocols and patterns (HTTP, REST), programming and debugging
• BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
ViacomCBS is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others.