Editorial and Publishing Manager - Editorial Creative Producer
Editorial & Publishing Manager, Editorial Creative Producer (Asian Drama)
We are Netflix's Editorial team. A team of storytellers, editors, producers and writers, all of us huge fans of entertainment. We're creating a whole new approach to talking about entertainment. Our mission is to build the most influential entertainment media and publishing network that brings joy to fans around the world.
We want to make content for our content that is as entertaining off Netflix as it is on Netflix. To make content that brings communities together over shared passions. Content that helps our fans discover new shows and movies and talent or fall more deeply in love with something they've already seen.
Today we have 250 million fans on our social platforms globally, 150 thousand new global followers daily, and 10 billion global impressions per quarter. For context, that's twice the population of Japan in fans, twice the size of a stadium in new daily followers, and more than twice the number of pages on the internet in impressions each quarter. But we're just getting started.
Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team's work is unique in that we express a perspective on content the way an editorial media outlet would. You'll be looking at new ways to talk about both our licensed and original Asian Drama content (with a major focus on Korean Dramas) and have a great skill for bringing these stories and narratives into the news cycle and social zeitgeist through editorial A/V content.
You'll have a deep passion, appreciation, and understanding of Asian Dramas (especially Korean dramas), with a depth and breadth of knowledge about the Korean entertainment world and its evolution from a domestic industry into an international phenomenon. You are comfortable operating within the traditions of the entertainment industry, but keen to push its boundaries and willing to take risks where others won't. You'll be trusted to have your finger on the pulse of the K-drama fandom, and to find ways to incubate talent via The Swoon's social channels. You understand what makes K-dramas tick and why people around the world love them so deeply. As a fan, you are attuned to what sparks connection between a show and its fandom. You live for that spark.
In the role of Editorial Creative Producer of The Swoon, you will be responsible for the ideation, concept development, and production strategies of our A/V programming with a deep focus on episodic content on YouTube, but across other active and emerging platforms as well. To be a successful editor and creative programmer, you'll need to be a storyteller at heart and have excellent judgment to balance audience interests with the needs of our business.
We're looking for an excellent content creator with a strong voice, impeccable taste, and authentic love for entertainment and pop culture. Someone who's willing to be hands-on and manage creators themselves out of pure passion for the craft, yet also able to mentor a team of writers and producers to produce online content that fans will love.
• Develop the editorial strategy, programming, and unique tone and perspective for The Swoon's episodic AV content across YouTube.
• Lead brainstorms, mentor freelance teams and vendors, give relevant creative notes, and final approval.
• Ideate and create content with a strong hook, point of view, and personality. You're full of ideas and innovative approaches to format and structure.
• Nurture and manage a network of freelance writers, creative producers, external agencies, and providers.
• Advance the long-term strategy to move our relevance and credibility with this audience forward.
• Cultivate cross-functional relationships (content, publicity, comms, marketing, and more) to ensure you have the best information and the ability to gain traction on your strategies and ideas. A big idea isn't a big idea if you're doing it alone.
• As needed, oversee editorial strategy (including non-video content) for publishing channels and social platforms relevant to the audience.
• Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities.
• Build and manage budgets.
• Stay on top of trends, timely events, and upcoming title launches to seize on reactive opportunities for this audience.
• Partner with talent, PR reps, and influencers to effectively set context and build trust.
• Be experimental with content; take risks with what you're creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful series.
The ideal candidate is/has....
• A creative visionary. A risk-taker. You are able to see the big picture and be the master curator of an online media channel. You are constantly looking for new ways to delight and inspire audiences.
• Deep knowledge of K-drama fandom, the platforms that are important to this audience, how to properly leverage them, and what makes content shareable.
• An exceptional storyteller and an experienced creative. You have the proven ability to concept and produce high-quality episodic A/V content that speaks to fans. Maybe you've worked in content creation at a brand or publishing outlet before, but more importantly, you are spending tons of time consuming video content personally. (Minimum 5 to 7 years experience ideal)
• Sophisticated understanding of online social platforms and the native formats that work on each. Deep YouTube expertise a huge plus.
• Impeccable editorial judgment and a knack for finding and knowing what's trending with our audience. You can find the story, angle and point of view to tell different stories and do so through video storytelling.
• Deep understanding of how cultural trends form, and the ability to anticipate and act on it.
• Proven track record of creating content that gets written, shared, and talked about.
• Experience using data and intuition to make content that grabs attention and engages its audience. Solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics; you can apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of content.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room.
• Respect and understanding for Netflix culture.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site