New York, NY
The Accountant will be an integral part of the Network accounting and finance team, providing assistance to all members of the team and interacting with all levels of personnel throughout ViacomCBS.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of monthly close journal entries, including but not limited to, SG&A departmental accruals/reclasses, intercompany entries, etc.
• Accounting for equity investments, managing cash calls and preparing quarterly reporting summaries.
• Perform general account analysis and reconciliations.
• Liaise with the Shared Services and Payroll departments to reconcile clearing accounts.
• Analyze current accounting procedures and recommend improvements where necessary.
• Act as a backup in a variety of areas and functions.
• Update master Chart of Accounts listing for additions/changes.
• Preparation of ad hoc analyses required by the Finance team, SOX, internal and external.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
• CPA a plus but not required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in public accounting.
• Energetic self-starter with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Detail-oriented; ability to prioritize and work within a deadline oriented environment.
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Through television, streaming and digital content, studio production, publishing, live events, merchandise and more, we connect with billions of people.