Principal Software Engineer, Digital
New York, NY US
• This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the digital evolution of NBC News, one of the world's best known and most trusted news organizations. NBC News Digital is responsible for the websites, mobile apps, OTT apps, and content tools that power the Today, MSNBC, NBC News and Telemundo Noticias brands. We are looking for an experienced technical leader to manage software engineers working on a variety of technical systems for NBC News Digital.
• You have experience managing complex technical projects, while this role does not have specific requirements around a particular stack, you should be able to show you have deep technical chops. You've been working as an engineer for at least 8 years with at least 2 years of leadership/management experience.
• You've led and been a member of high performing teams with strong engineering practices. You release early and often and you've put the systems in place to do that safely and reliably. You know the business impact of your work. You are an excellent debugger of problems.
• Manage a team of software engineers working anywhere in our stack e.g. front end rendering layers, our content management systems, APIs, etc.
• Partner with product managers, technical program managers and business stakeholders on a cross-functional team to drive projects forward, provide leadership, and communicate vision to the team.
• Be accountable for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex projects.
• Manage technical risk and promote responsible innovation.
• Hire the best talent for your team, set expectations, manage performance of your reports.
• Bring and support technical vision that aligns with product and business goals.
• Set goals and hit them.
• Collapse ambiguity and provide context for your reports to help them succeed.
o 8+ years experience in software development or
o 2+ years recent experience of technical leadership and
o Comfortable with a variety of languages and
frameworks, and willing to learn new ones.
o Successful track record of on time delivery of projects.
o Excellent debugger and problem solver.
o Thoughtful and compassionate leader. (High EQ)
o Strong communication skills.
o Experience with building teams and/or organizations,
including hiring and managing performance.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site