Web Content Specialist
Universal City, CA US
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So, if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
NBCUniversal is looking for a process-oriented, quality assurance phenom with an eye for detail and a passion for perfection to join a dynamic new team supporting our Direct to Consumer business.
The Sr. Manager of Metadata & Content QA will be responsible for enforcing quality assurance and control standards for our growing library of published videos. Leading a team of QC specialists and proofreading experts, you'll monitor the timely availability and viability of all video records serviced through our content fulfillment pipeline; ensuring they not only play as expected on all supported platforms and services, but that each entry also has the full complement of engaging imagery and descriptive metadata to help consumers connect with our shows.
This position requires you to be a master of content supply chain economics, serving as a key subject matter expert in all areas associated with content QA, metadata display and governance while still delivering on the promise to provide our users with a consistent, predictable experience. Your diligence in driving operational efficiencies will play an instrumental role in advancing our position within the competitive, rapidly evolving digital marketplace.
• Manage Content QA team responsible for quality control of published video content
• Establish quality assurance guidelines, control protocols and personnel coverage models to regulate and maintain daily video playback viability on all platforms and services
• Oversee inhouse metadata proofreading and copyediting services for a high volume of video content requests under deadline pressure
• Enforce Peacock's editorial style guide and metadata specifications, adjusting internal standards to accommodate product updates as required
• Lead incident management triage, consulting with digital network operations center (DNOC) teams to identify problems and remediate them
• Collaborate with Editorial Operations team to ensure all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables are met or exceeded
• Assist with video metadata research, development, and consolidation; advocating for consistency of brand voice and initiating changes as needed while adhering to product guidelines, character limits, and asset formatting parameters
• Create, manage and revise QC process maps, user stories, workflows, and standard operating procedures as needed to help drive efficiencies and readiness for both upstream and downstream publishing workflows
• Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Communications, Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Minimum 5 years of experience with
o managing operational teams
o streaming video content QA and QC governance
o asset schema, taxonomy, ontology, program hierarchy, programing types, genres, and data/program classifications
• Minimum 3 years of experience with
o editorial copyediting and proofreading
o consumer apps on traditional platforms and digital TVE, SVOD or AVOD products
o project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum and collaboration products such as JIRA, Lighthouse and Confluence
o digital artwork deliverables including, but not limited to photography, key art, and logo treatments as well as their related file formats
• Minimum 1 years of experience with
o database management and API data delivery specifications & workflows
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Premiere, etc.
• Working knowledge of online video platform (OVP) services such as Anvato, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura
• Practical experience with SEO methodologies, algorithms, processes, and techniques
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, extended hours or holidays as needed
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work in Universal City, Los Angeles County, California
• Digital entertainment industry experience preferred
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently handle multiple, time sensitive requests within a high-pressure environment
• Strategic knowledge & familiarity with business intelligence (BI) analytics
• Hands on non-linear editing (NLE) experience
• Experience using Aspera, Signiant, and other enterprise-grade file transfer services/agents