Program Manager, Technology Delivery
New York, NY US
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal's new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We're growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won't put your stapler in Jell-O.
Trials Manager, Technology Delivery
Delivering a great customer experience is at the heart of our proposition, and ensuring we have a high quality, robust and performant product is critical to achieving this. The Trials manager is accountable for ensuring trials have been completed before releasing new capabilities to our customers. This person will be responsible for setting the strategy for end-to-end trials, and ensuring this strategy is consistently executed across the organizations as well as their own. Reporting to the Director of QA & Trials, they will work closely with trial and QA teams across the Comcast and NBCU Groups, sharing knowledge, experience and tooling and ensuring a robust and efficient approach to quality assurance.
• Responsible and own the technology strategy for E2E Trials, ensuring that we have processes and teams in place to assure trial phases and key activities are executed consistently.
• Own the strategy for trials for the product, ensuring that new features are appropriately tested through iterative trial phases of internal teams, staff and beta customers before being widely deployed.
• Focused on integration and end-to-end, work with Comcast's global technology teams and local NBC engineering teams to ensure high standard of user experience and product quality for our customers.
• Build a dedicated end-to-end trials team to support this strategy as required and act as the ultimate gatekeeper to the customer quality of experience.
• Manage our enterprise Trials portal of Centercode by performing key duties of onboarding/offboarding trialists, devices' and vouchers' distributions, surveys' creation and distribution, and familiar with appl deployment distributions across the various platforms.
• Establishing feedback, analytics and reporting capabilities to present trial outputs – collating input from trialists & other data sources to provide a holistic view of trial outcomes.
• Establish processes for triaging trialist feedback, ensuring trial feedback is routed to the right teams for actioning.
• Ownership to E2E Trials process documentations and operational procedures and update them periodically.
• Capable of ad hoc client app testing for bug fixes/new features and maintain device management tracker in supportive of trials and QA teams.
• Put in place the right tooling and processes across trial teams, including looking for opportunities to leverage automation to drive efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree level or equivalent, background in Computer Science or Technology a plus.
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in digital media industry, with at least 3 years in a project manager or technical/delivery manager role.
• Expert knowledge of alpha/beta testing methodologies and best practice, and defining trials strategy for broad initiatives; experience working with distributed engineering and QA teams a plus.
• Demonstrable experience with agile delivery methodology, application deployment and defect management.
• Experience conducting trial or beta programs within a leading-edge consumer focused organization, and knowledgeable with STB/OTT, web and mobile platforms
• Proven experience of constructing internal and external communications to a high standard.
• Knowledge of survey tools and best practices.
• Analytic and reporting experience by using source data to drive KPI reporting and support clear exec level narratives.
• Detail oriented with strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Highly collaborative with good problem analysis/solving skills
• People management skills, including recruitment.
• Strong self-starter, able to consistently deliver without requiring significant oversight and direction.
• Passionate about user experience and product quality, never settling for the status quo – continuously looking for ways to improve and drive efficiencies.
• Ability to engage and manage stakeholders' expectations at varying levels within the organization.
• Excellent understanding of the product delivery lifecycle, and how software is designed and launched.
• Previous experience working with remote delivery teams, international experience a considerable plus.
• Understanding of DevOps principles and cloud technologies.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site