Vice President, Quality & CDN Management
Stamford, CT US
The Change Management Analyst will be part of the change management team within the Reliability & Performance group and will be responsible for supporting the change process for the Direct-to-Consumer businesses software services. The Analyst will maintain the change calendar, support the processing of urgent and emergency changes, working with delivery teams and the Operations PMO to ensure that all system changes are scheduled and approved before implementation. The Analyst will also support weekly production audits and participate in post-implementation reviews.
• Oversee the daily change calendar, ensuring that all changes are appropriately reviewed and approved prior to implementation.
• Support teams in procuring approvals for urgent and emergency changes where necessary, including presenting change approval requests to senior executives.
• Collate weekly production audits from all development teams and distribute reports to stakeholders.
• Produce weekly and daily change management reports highlighting completed and upcoming changes
• Ensuring that all teams are adhering to the department standards for change approvals
• Minimum two (2) years' experience working within a fast-paced ITIL environment supporting complex digital systems
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or a relevant field
• Expertise with Service Now or similar ITIL tool
• Must be able to work nights, overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Availability to travel as required
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred
• ITIL certification a plus
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
• Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies