Lead Facial Capture Artist
London, EN GB
MPC expands into Streaming and Episodic VFX with the launch of a specialist division, MPC Episodic. The division offers episodic directors and producers' access to the pioneering technology and world-class talent behind recent blockbusters such as; The Lion King, Godzilla: King of The Monsters, Detective Pikachu and the BAFTA award winning 1917.
Led by MD Tom Williams, Executive VFX Supervisor, Pete Jopling (The Bourne Legacy, Captain America: Civil War, Chernobyl),Head of Creative Gurel Mehmet (The Witcher, Avengers: Endgame, Inception) and Senior Producer Therese Zambra (Mars, Frontline) MPC Episodic is actively hiring the industry's top VFX talent, to work on some of the most exciting series visual effects work in the industry.
Roto artists would create roto 2D digital matte plates for roto shots.
• Roto organic shapes having 2d motion (eg geometrical structures without detail).
• Roto organic shapes using point tracking and stabilizing having minimal movement. (using point tracker and planar track in Silhouette and Mocha).
• Roto organic shapes and match motion blur from the plate.
• Roto objects/characters shapes having minimum movement, for eg a walking character having well defined edges.
• Provide anim block rotos
• Roto shapes with consistent defocus (Locked camera focus)
ROTO Artist Essentials:
• Previous experience with Nuke & basics of Maya and Mocha.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
• A small amount of scripting knowledge - Python preferred.
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Previous experience in a VFX environment.
The details above provide an outline of the key requirements for candidates to apply for a role in this department. At MPC Episodic we have a number of job classifications within our artist team structure. These are:
• Key Artist
• Technical Artist
• Head of Department
Based on your skills we will assess your suitability for a particular role during the application process.
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.