Sr. Digital Analyst
Washington, DC US
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs, NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
The Marketing team provides strategy and support to National Public Media’s sponsorship teams in a dynamic and demanding media environment while executing B2B marketing strategies to build awareness, understanding and consideration of NPR sponsorship in market. With a focus on collaboration, the Marketing team partners with internal and external stakeholders to achieve ambitious revenue goals. We are a fast-paced team with lofty vision, creative drive and collaborative spirits.
The Senior Director of Sponsorship Marketing leads the go-to-market brand strategy for National Public Media and NPR Sponsorship with a mandate of building viable sponsorship opportunities, messaging, awareness and recognition in the competitive advertising industry. As an experienced and strategic brand marketer, you will be passionate about media, brand, marketing, and communications and be ready to stretch your career and make an impact.
In this role you will support a successful and growing organization by driving the development and management of our brand strategy and marketing activities. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the NPR and NPM brand in B2B communications with trade, agencies and brands to ensure that all brand and marketing activity is aligned with established brand positioning and is consistently executed.
You will have an opportunity to make real impact across a range of initiatives, while working closely with senior leadership and a highly motivated and experienced group of brand marketing specialists located in Washington, DC and Los Angeles.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer of National Public Media.
• Serve as a dynamic representative of National Public Media to key stakeholders, including the NPM Board of Directors, industry contacts, Station partners, clients and agencies.
• Serve as a member of the NPM Senior Leadership team with responsibility for the development, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive marketing strategy supporting Network and Spot radio sales. Spearhead new business initiatives and take the lead of specific new business efforts.
• Increase awareness of NPR sponsorship opportunities – both network and regional – through a strategic mix of earned, owned, and paid outreach with the goal of increasing qualified, inbound sales prospects; raising the profile of NPR / NPM as industry thought leaders; and establishing NPR as a must-buy media property.
• Proactively investigate and develop cross-platform, competitive sponsorship packages that effectively monetize NPR network and regional media assets. Facilitate connections to and relationships with various internal teams and departments throughout NPR in an effort to explore, define and maximize these sponsorship opportunities.
• Manage the conceptualization, development and maintenance of all external-facing marketing materials and collateral across NPM business segments, in an effort to communicate clearly and persuasively in all presentations, research materials and throughout NationalPublicMedia.com.
• Provide strategic guidance on the conceptualization and execution of live events to create solutions and opportunities for NPR sponsors. Leverage detail-oriented skills to oversee all integrated event-based sponsorship executions.
• Provide strategic oversight and utilize vital organizational skills to serve as a key liaison to NPR in order to nurture cross-departmental and intra-organizational communication with NPR stakeholders.
• Implement an ongoing, targeted effort to more effectively highlight National Public Media’s portfolio and capabilities to internal stakeholders including NPM employees and station partners.
• Take an active role in managing staff. Provide motivation, goal setting and timely, consistent feedback for direct reports. Provide career management and oversee the professional growth of staff by building and fostering a work environment that yields strong individual and team performance.
• Provide management for three direct reports and a team of ten.
• Organize, direct and collaborate effectively across teams to achieve results.
• Keep current with advertising and media trends while advancing NPM and NPR’s expertise in trends in sponsorship and corporate branding.
EDUCATION: BA in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field.
• A minimum of 10 years of marketing / communications experience along with an agency and/or corporate background in integrated marketing, public relations, communications, advertising or digital communications.
• Experience in building and managing a team of sponsorship marketing executives.
• Experience in participating in all phases of sponsorship business from ideation and program development to presentation and implementation.
• Proven leader with experience designing and implementing initiatives through a variety of channels such as traditional media, social and digital media and emerging online platforms.
• Experience executing integrated digital and traditional media campaigns.
• Experience managing project financials, timelines and budgets.
• Superior client service skills; ability to manage multiple clients and projects. Must be proactive and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a collegial and collaborative environment.
• Strong written and excellent oral presentation skills.
• A good listener, counselor and team player who can build strong relationships both internally and externally.
• Affinity for public media and/or purpose-driven brands
• Previous agency or media / publisher experience – specifically audio, digital audio or podcasting
• Experience working with Salesforce, Pardot, Wordpress, HTML, SEO, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, Moat and research databases like GfK MRI and comScore is a plus
• Experience with event activation and strategy