Executive Producer, News
San Francisco, CA
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Associate Virtual Production Producer will partner with the Producer to bid, schedule and manage Virtual Production projects across ILM, including Medusa, Anyma, Motion Capture and Stagecraft workflows on ILM stages and in our Volumes. Functions as the Producer’s “right hand,” stepping up to assume Producer duties as required and keeping a direct line of communication with internal stakeholders - technology, talent management, production accounting, VFX Production teams, etc on all aspects of the Virtual Production projects. The Associate Virtual Production Producer reports to the Producer on a daily basis to show specific tasks.
What you’ll do
• With input from VFX Supervisors and Producer, proactively plan for work related to Virtual Production and Stagecraft shoots and content creation - including technology and pipeline development, performance capture needs, talent and staffing considerations, capacity planning, etc.
• With oversight from the Producer, serve as point person for assigned Virtual Production and or Stagecraft projects to ensure all aspects of project planning are covered and ready for hand-off to the execution production team upon award
• In partnership with the Producer, proactively identify areas that require process definition and improvement - look for opportunities to establish workflows and best practices
• Act as default leader when the Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, responsible for directing ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the Virtual Production and Stagecraft stakeholders across ILM
• Run bid meetings as needed. Budgeting is required, with oversight and direction from the Producer
• Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoots may be required
• Special projects as requested
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required
• Proven work experience in VFX production to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Working knowledge of Linux a plus
• Strong scheduling and budgeting experience required
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site