Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Culver City, CA
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Publishing team crea tes the content and voice that defines the brand across our own proprietary properties and on social platforms.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a talented Digital Media Content Manager to join our team of journalists and content creators. In this role, you will work with the Music Editorial Team as well as the overall Publishing team to oversee and create original video programming and social content across our UPROXX Music channels on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and more.
Our ideal candidate is tuned into hip-hop and music culture, is fluent in the languages of social platforms, has experience in content creative direction, and understands working with artists and artist management. You will also need a deep understanding of platforms and have instinctive storytelling skills.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee all aspects of programming across UPROXX Music channels
• Create and own audience development strategy
• Work directly with artists and the production teams to create original content
• Curate the POV and tastes of the UPROXX Music vertical
• Collaborate with the Editorial team on content development and editorial voice
• Create original social content in the UPROXX voice that engages and grows our audience
• Work with other business units on creative campaign projects and Warner Music Group initiatives
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Oversee social content creation across all platforms
• Work within an always-on publishing operation and prioritize projects based on urgency
• Self-start and constantly strive to improve and remain competitive in an ever-evolving marketplace
• Problem-solve with great effectiveness
• Have an innate ability to self-manage and organize a daily to-do list and understand/execute priorities
• Communicate with various departments and work within multiple timelines/calendars in a fast-paced environment
• Utilize Photoshop and digital editing software to create low-intensity social content
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 2+ years of related experience.
• Experience working within an always-on publishing operation
• Photoshop and digital editing experience
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site