Studio Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
This Production Finance Manager position will be based in our Los Angeles office supporting Netflix Production Finance executives and working with local production services companies. This role will be on the Nonfiction team which includes Documentaries, Comedy and Sketch, and Unscripted shows.
• Strategic oversight of a slate of shows including guiding internal cross-functional partners in production finance related matters.
• Partner with other Netflix Executives to oversee our 3rd party production services companies, producers, and accountants.
• Work closely and collaboratively with numerous other Netflix teams including production, creative, business affairs, post production, content accounting, HR, labor relations, audit, treasury, and IT.
• Work with production services companies and show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Production budget review, commentary, comparisons, and analysis. Manage the production budget lock and tracking process. Analyze and track overages.
• Review and analysis of cost reports submitted by production companies.
• Manage the cash flow forecasting and funding processes, track and ensure receipt of tax incentives.
• Update production information in Netflix systems.
• Ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Adjust policies and procedures based on workflow changes and feedback.
• Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends and evolving technologies. Help develop and test the next generation of production finance and production accounting tools.
• 10+ years production finance and/or production accounting experience.
• Expertise in entertainment industry budgeting and cost tracking software.
• Candidates must thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results.
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis utilizing financial applications.
• Must exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site