Software Developer - Backend
Hulu’s global video engineering team is seeking an experienced architect to lead technical efforts to improve playback quality and user performance. As the video QoS architect, you will guide teams in the development of state-of-the-art systems to provide world-class streaming experience for millions of viewers across a diverse range of devices and capabilities.
What you will do
• Lead design efforts of our intelligent QoS systems that include player modules, backend real time services, machine learning based heuristic systems and more.
• Enhance existing systems around Bitrate switching, CDN selection, QoS measurement across players, CDNs, Origin and content ingestion.
• Work cross functionally to help create a QoS solution that spans all ingress and egress workflows
• Collaborate with internal teams to drive best practices and evangelize new ideas around full stack instrumentation, visibility and alerting.
• Work with product, business and support teams to create a holistic solution for all QoS needs
What to bring
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science.
• 5+ years of software engineering experience
• 1+ years of experience with big data analytics
• Proficiency in at least one of the programming languages: Python, Java, Go
• Self driven individual who seeks to continuously improve software systems
• Ability to articulate oneself and work with teams across different roles and geographies
Nice to have
• Experience building machine learning systems
• Experience in full stack of video streaming - starting from encoders to playback.
• Hands-on experience with TCP/IP, DNS, TLS
• Knowledge of HTTP streaming protocols of Apple’s HLS and MPEG-DASH
• Experience working with AWS
• Knowledge of how content delivery works with CDNs