Enterprise Financial Services (EFS) is Warner Bros.' global shared services accounting function. EFS serves to provide efficient and scalable global finance and accounting services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Financial Analyst for the EFS Domestic Home Entertainment department. This Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Accounting Manager, and will assist with month-end closing and reporting, consolidation of actual results, oversight of the day-to-day execution of general accounting activities, record-to-report processes and operating activities with the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider for the newly created Universal / WB joint venture (JV).
Successful Senior Financial Analysts have a desire to gain a deep understanding of the business and have a customer service mindset towards the JV with which there will be regular interaction. The EFS team also values recommendations on process improvements and standardization to gain greater efficiency and effectiveness within the finance organization.
• Performing oversight of the day-to-day execution of general accounting activities, record-to-report processes and operating activities.
• Managing and guiding offshore BPO teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity.
• Review and assess the accuracy of key accruals such as return reserves, inventory obsolescence reserves, and bad debt and retail risk reserves.
• Prepare and review month-end close reporting deliverables to assist the team in assessing the accuracy and completeness of by-title and financial statement information.
• Performing variance analysis on results comparing actual Home Entertainment operating performance to forecast. This analysis is presented to the Accounting Director during the monthly sign-off meeting. This includes:
• Using advanced analytical skills to identify the root cause of variances to forecast and identify main title drivers.
• Clearly documenting explanations for variances to forecast for management review.
• Review balance sheet fluctuations, and identify, investigate and resolve irregular items. Prepare adjusting journal entries as required.
• Provide support for footnote disclosures.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by the BPO team for accuracy and completeness. Prepare account reconciliations for new accounts as needed.
• Other closing related activities:
• Strive to maintain and continuously improve quality of customer service to retained finance organizations.
• Identify, recommend and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Work closely with internal auditors and E&Y external auditors and assist with documentation and audit testing.
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance (required). CPA preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working in accounting or related financial area.
• Media and entertainment industry preferred.
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles that pertain to scope of work.
• Ability to coach others and deliver feedback.
• Utilizes advanced analytical skills and draws keen insights from the data.
• Manages intermediate-level processes and projects with minimal input from others by taking proactive action to resolve general challenges.
• Successfully manages multiple deadline-driven projects.
• Uses thorough logic and methods as well as business knowledge to solve problems.
• Raises conflicts and concerns to supervisor; makes suggestions to management regarding how to resolve.
• Seeks to understand the broader business environment and to utilize these insights as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, other levels of personnel and outside clients.
• Embrace and thrive during change.
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and knowledge of SAP (including Business Warehouse).